We’re so excited you are interested in Calvary Pentecostal Church, here are a few essential things to keep in mind:
- There’s no need to come dressed up fancy, Come as you are!
- Worship Services are every Sunday at 10:30 AM
- Our services are about an hour in length
- We’re located at 12 Government Rd, Wawa, Ontario
(Parking also available on Algoma Street and Government Road. We have 2 doorways to get in and out; the front entrance has a few steps inside a set of double doors, the back entrance you’ll see a brown fence with a gate opening, between the blue house and the church is wheel chair accessible)
- Kids Church for children 12 & under in basement following the announcements. We encourage families to be together while we sing and worship. This gives our families opportunities to be part of the service as a community and as a family. Prior to the Pastor’s message, children will be dismissed with their Kids Church Teachers and volunteers. All our teachers and volunteers are screened for everyone’s protection.
- The first Sunday of each month we celebrate and partake Communion together. Following the Message, Pastor will invite the Kids Church to rejoin at this time. Parents can determine what the appropriate age of partaking communion together. The communion table is in remembrance of what Jesus did on the cross for us, so we take this time to reflect the tremendous sacrifice he paid for our sins. Making us right with God. The guideline for us is believing and trusting in Jesus and the work of the cross. Someone who doesn’t yet believe or understand the significance of what Christ has done for all mankind are welcomed to wait until they are ready.
- We prepare our communion by removing the top layer of the communion cup combo to reveal the wafer (bread), then we remove the foil layer to access the juice in the cup. The pastor will give direction and after a prayer for each sacrament, the church body will partake together. Following the communion service the church will be dismissed.
- We trust and love Jesus with all our heart, soul and mind. God’s act of mercy and love, His gift of eternal salvation is for everyone! How do we respond to Him? We trust Jesus and put our faith in Him. We are encouraged to acknowledge our sin and repent. Repent means to sin no more and follow the way of Jesus. When we stop being obedient to our ways and turn our lives over the Jesus, He becomes Lord of our hearts. The more we give of ourselves to Jesus, the more changes in our lives will begin. Our attitudes, our hearts, our way of life will change and we will have a New Life in Jesus. If we don’t see change in our lives, perhaps we may have a bit of our old ways to completely hand over to Jesus.
Once you respond to Jesus, He will take care of the rest. Congratulations! For more info or to have a discussion with the Pastor click here:
- Still have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you love technology, you can hit us up on Facebook or Instagram!